Upgrading my 00' V6 Maro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my 00' V6 Maro

I purchased a 2000 Camaro 3.8 in November of 2005 and have only done appearance work to the thing. Painted interior panels, subs, amp, touch screen TV etc. I put Euro Tail lights on it and that is it. On the Dyno I only get 205 HP. I have a budget of around $2000 and would like to upgrade my engine's performance significantly. I have talked to a few people and everyone has mentioned new exhaust, something called a "2500 cut out" or something, and intake. Thats about it so far, but any insight and links would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Jeff
    Proofz12345@yahoo.com
    Jeffro495 on AIM.

Re: Upgrading my 00' V6 Maro

205hp sounds overrated, what kinda dyno was it?
    people usually do intake/exhaust first
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

whoa, stock should put you around 170-160 at the wheels, which is all a dyno can really measure. Maybe your car is modded and you don't know? You're gonna have to take pics of the engine bay and the exhaust manifolds and piping, otherwise i'm gonna have to raise the BS flag :bs:

Comment

im assuming he means crank?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

yea at the crank, dyno was only 166 at the wheels

Comment

first of all if you wanan do serious motor work, all that sub, amp, touch screen is taking away from it.....in my opinion people who are serious about their performance are not concerned with stereo....just my opinion tho.

i dont know about the 2500 part, but the cutout is an exhaust cut out, not the greatest performance mod tho.

I would do exhaust, headers, intake, alumin drive shaft, limited slip, and gears.

Comment

Originally posted by Injected413
              yea at the crank, dyno was only 166 at the wheels
              Well, even guessing crank HP is sort of a fool's game; you don't know the exact percentages of parasitic loss. You'll come to know that the only power that matters is what gets to the ground, in a literal sense and a figurative sense

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              first of all if you wanan do serious motor work, all that sub, amp, touch screen is taking away from it.....in my opinion people who are serious about their performance are not concerned with stereo....just my opinion tho.
              If he's building a dyno-queen, he can keep all that stuff w/ no detrimental effect

Comment

since you already got tubular exhaust manifolds I would:
                do intake($100), electric cutout($160) :) , limited slip & gears ($600), aluminum driveshaft($125), n20 ($550) = $1550 total
                This is all based on opinion though

I can see why Dan would say the cutout isnt a great mod.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                  I can see why Dan would say the cutout isnt a great mod.
                  i mean, dont get me wrong i have one....but its definetly one of those last on the list to do mods.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                    i mean, dont get me wrong i have one....but its definetly one of those last on the list to do mods.
                    totally agreed, I have one too! :naughty: :naughty:
                    If you're gonna drop $2000, go for it

Comment

2k for an exhaust cutout?? are we talking about a little piece of pipe that goes off the pipe b4 the cat that lets you basically run open headers without taking off the rest of the piping? thats what i'm thinking of and it doesnt cost close to 2k... cuz that should run you like 40 bucks... or maybe if you want one with an electronic valve so you dont have to screw the plate on and off then it'd be like 175.
                      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

the guy said he was gonna drop $2000 into his car.
                        If he only had 1 mod...like intake, I wouldnt recommend an E-cutout

But since hes dropping in $2000... well,
                        read my post before that last one.
                        Last one = you misunderstood

Comment

I would find out what your car already has performance-wise. You might have lsd and decent gear if you have a Y87 camaro.

Comment

whats wrong with a cutout... not ideal but definitley better then stock.

Comment

you could just get that whole Garret T4 being sold in the for sale section... only $500

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X