temp guage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp guage problem

every since i have had the mail order tune ive had a little problem. after about 20 min of highway driving my temp guage quits working and my fans kick on and stay on constantly. any idea as to what this could be? if i reset the computer things go back to normal until i get back on the highway for an extended period of time. any ideas or suggestions? thanks in advance, forrest

Re: temp guage problem

What do you mean "quit working"? They drop to zero, stay in the same place, erratic?

Sounds more like a sensor problem, than a gauge since the fans are kicking on. I would check the connectors to the temp sensor, and then check sensor itself by checking the resistance (multimeter ~$10 for an uber cheepo). It would help if you knew what the temperature of the fluid was at the time you checked it, so a thermometer may come in handy, but a ballpark estimate should do if it's really wack.

Any codes?

Comment

only code is for the lack of 02 sensor....by quit working i mean fall to 0 and stay thier. temp is acutally at 180 or so when it says its at 0. only reaon i doubted a sensor was becuase i just swapped motors, and i would think sensors, and it has done it on both motors.

Comment

Take some readings of the sensor as it warms up, but it sounds like a bad sensor. Kicking fans probably the computer going into failsafe mode.

Comment

where is the sensor located....

Comment

pretty sure its under the throttle body.

Comment

yep, its in the front of the lower intake manifold
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

ok i will check this out, but could it possiably be a flaw on the computers part too? the only reason i ask this is becuase it started soon after i installed a pcmforless computer.

Comment

maybe you could feed (output) a voltage to the ECT input and see if your gauge changes, if it doesnt its the wiring or computer or your gauge
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                    maybe you could feed (output) a voltage to the ECT input and see if your gauge changes, if it doesnt its the wiring or computer or your gauge
                    That's a good idea. But if it references ground, he could also try a few different resistors (radioshack) that are in the range of what the sensor should output.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X