Strange IDLE problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange IDLE problem

OK so ever since yesterday my car wont idle below 2k RPMS. Thats right...it idles at 2000 rmps (or just above) and wont go down. I drive a manual 5 speed and this is NOT a good thing to have happen. What could be causing this. I've tried manually pulling the throttle lever in the engine to see if it was a stuck cable and it still does this. COuld this be the computer?

When I turn on the car it idles at 1000 (where it normally does) for about 10 seconds then slowly goes up to 2k.

any help is appriciated.

Thanks

Re: Strange IDLE problem

mine goes to 2k rpms on startup, THEN slowly drops down to 800rpms
    I have the electronic tb / drive by wire

It would help to know the year of your car.
    Is your SES light on?
    You can check the IAC sensor with an ohmmeter, it should read 40-80 across all.
    You can use carb cleaner on the pintle to clean it(just dont get it on the electronics). Check to see if there are any clogged air passages
    inside the IAC housing. Check the gasket, the electrical pins. Check the positon of the pintle...if its too far, it could get damaged. You can check the IAC counts(later). When you install it back, the computer has to relearn the idle (so wait a sec).
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

This is a 96 3.8 w/ Y87. Stock everything except intake. Where is the IAC located?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoflick
        This is a 96 3.8 w/ Y87. Stock everything except intake. Where is the IAC located?
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X