A/C putting out warm air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C putting out warm air

98 Camaro. Could anyone give me a list of possible culprits? It used to be freezing cold. Not no more.

Heater works fine. Do A/C's run out of Freon after awhile or something? I hope my compressor isn't busted.
    Last edited by Atreus21; 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM.

Re: A/C putting out warm air

prolly just need a freon charge (or whatever gas it is, cant remember if its still freon

Comment

just go get your A/C charged and see if that helps the problem. mine does the same thing, so let us know if that fixes your problem
      2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

If your refrigerant is low it means you have a leak, recharging your system will only temporarily fix the problem (until it all leaks out again). Not only is it bad for the atmosphere, its a waste of money. Have it checked out by a professional.

Overall consider yourself lucky to even have an opportunity to use AC this time of year... most of the country is seeing single digit temps at night lately...
        2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Originally posted by DARK SDE '02

Overall consider yourself lucky to even have an opportunity to use AC this time of year... most of the country is seeing single digit temps at night lately...

WHERE!!! those lucky bastards, i mean i am seeing single digit temps, WITH A NEGATIVE SIGN IN FRONT OF IT!

Comment

Gotta love us southerners :) Ahhhhh the 80 degree weather in winter (until night fall :( )

Look on your radiator support it will say what type of refrigerant you need, just go to Autozone and pick up a bottle and a pressure meter and fill it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by DARK SDE '02
              If your refrigerant is low it means you have a leak, recharging your system will only temporarily fix the problem (until it all leaks out again). Not only is it bad for the atmosphere, its a waste of money. Have it checked out by a professional.

QFT!!

if your freon is low, its leaking. could be other stuff. take it to a professional.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ah crap my a/c just started doing that as well… any one know how much it costs to have your ac checked out

Comment

if its a fourth gen it r134a

Comment

my car doesnt have freon in it, it leaked out and the compressor is the culprit so replace it( if u have the money ) it can be exspensive

Comment

Are you saying thats his problem because there is nothing he has said that points towards such a diagnosis
                      Last edited by BLLDOGG; 02-06-2007, 09:57 PM.
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X