Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in my Radiator

i searched a fewtimes about this and didnt find an exact answer:(

so sunday night i was driving home from my g-friends and i got into my driveway and my temp gauge is like 1/2 to 2/4 of the way up when it was like 5* outside, so im like what the hell, got out, popped my hood and felt my intake manifold just out of curiousity cuz it is usually pretty hott. It was cool to the touch so again wtf! opened my coolant resevor(think i spelled that wrong), pulled the dipstick out and its black, so i touch it and smell it and it was definitely oil. now i hurd from my uncle that he thought i had a blown intake gasket, and then i talked to one of my buddies today and his brother has built a couple cars and he brought up that it might be a head gasket. so for you big mechanically inclined guys out there which one is it or could it be both? i know my trans gasket also leaks so i guess my car is just falling apart at a short 140,xxx

also how much am i looking at for gaskets i know my moms ex husband could fix this with ease cuz he is one of the best a-hole mechanics i know, i just need a guestimate

Re: Oil in my Radiator

I'm 5/10 sure its the head gasket because the oils in the coolant, but only 3/6 sure it's the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by landj
      I'm 5/10 sure its the head gasket because the oils in the coolant, but only 3/6 sure it's the intake.
      lol okay..?

also at 1 point and time there was coolant in my oil but after about a month that went away that was probably a month and a half ago

my mom talked to my step dad again and he said hes pretty sure i blew a head gasket, he start ripping into it thursday night for me to se what the actual problem is. it all depends on when he gets his buddies race car done

Comment

what engine do you have the 3.4's are netorios for the intake gaskets every 50k(more common on the 3400 but still an issue with rwd) i've never heard of that on a 3800

Comment

oh sorry about that, i thought i posted it, my cars a 96 3.8, i think they guy that owned it before me was just a complete idiot cuz when i bought it my moms ex also had to remove a broken exhaust manifold stud from the head, retap it and put a new bolt on there
          Last edited by Chevy16; 02-06-2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X