what is a stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a stall

Ok I've been going through a few threads and I've seen something about a 3000 stall. What does it do and what are the benefits? Available for a 94 3.4?

It's a stall torque-converter that bolts onto the front of an automatic transmission.
    A 3,000 stall converter means that the trans won't fully engage into drive until the engine reaches 3,000 rpm's. Racing purposes only...It will not benefit a daily driver.
    sigpic

Comment

Stall speed is where 100% engine power is being applied to the tranny. Higher stall speeds allow higher rpm launches at the strip or anywhere for that matter. This allows the engine to be making the most of power as soon as the converter starts to transfer engine power into the tranny. Street wise expect less gas mileage due to more throttle having to be applied to get the rpm's up high enough to pull as compared to a lower rpm stall converter.
      1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

:keep comments to yourself:

[ December 13, 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: vanbibber ]
        3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Just don't become one of those people that say something like "get a stall". All torque converters (including stock) have a stall point. Aftermarket TCs just stall higher than stock. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by Antiricer4u:
            :keep comments to yourself
            Actually I wasn't thinking about getting one. I just like to learn things and if I don't know then I'll ask so I do know. So if you don't want to answer a question don't reply.
            [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
            Thanx to the rest for the info.

[ December 13, 2005, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: vanbibber ]

Comment

youre fine glen, we have all been down the road of learning car stuff. dont hesitate to ask about parts you know nothing about, its how you learn.

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=1;t=016303

scroll down to the transmission upgrades and click on the link about stalls for more info on them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

thank you guys for the info. i know a fair bit about engines i just never got into transmissions or upgrades for that part yet. never had a car long enough.

Comment

Im sorry that comment was taken that way?

The question had already been answered and since you were asking about availibilty (implying you were thinking of getting one) I assumed that it would be something that would be too involved or complicated for practical use. Furthermore the search function could probably help you out on something like this.

No offence meant at all man, an automatic transmission is still something I will never touch. Changing fluid and filter is about all i'll do.

Plus I hate people that come in and act like they've never used a search function before...or just plain never use it. I've left several forums just because posts get repetitive.

no offense again man...hope all is good.
                  3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X