My baby is sick...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby is sick...please help

Ok, I changed my plugs and wires yesyerday. It was an act of god, but I got it done. I used Taylor 8mm wires and NGKTR55 plugs. After I got done I fired her up and it purred like a kitten, took it for a drive and it was just as smooth as could be and I drove it hard and easy. I was quiet pleased. But I go down this morning and start the car and it immediatly starts jerking and sputtering. I took it down the road to see what was going to happen and It hesitated really bad and didnt want to move. Also got a flashing ses light.

So I drove the truck to school and as soon as I came home I started to see what was wrong. I went back and made sure all the boots were all the way on the plugs. The #3 popped on a little, so I, excited, jumped back in the car and drove down the road. It helped, but I still have a miss and a solid ses light. Only when the car gets to low rpms while in gear it starts the jerking and sputtering. I didnt rev or anything cause I didnt damage anything but so far thats what I can tell.

What do I do?

I know I didnt cross a wire b/c I did them one at a time.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

maybe you left a wire on the manifold and it melted??
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

get the code scanned
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Fixed it. Left #1 twisted to where it was sitting right on the manifold and it was fried. I put the old wire on and everything is fine.
        1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X