Putting and Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting and Stalling

Every once in a while my car will randomly start putting when i come to a stop. it will jump and the rpms will drop and rise and drop and rise, just while im sitting there. it will always stay below 1k though. and sometimes it will stall. if i put it in park before it stalls it will be fine, but once i put it back in drive it starts up again. And its not all the time, its randomly, it usually will happen for a little then stop but on sat, it was doing it the whole day. my friend said it may be the egr valve or something but, he wasnt quite sure... any ideas?

Re: Putting and Stalling

Do you have the SES light illuminated?

EGR valve is the cause of many idle quality issues. It is possible that is your problem. It could also be an ignition problem (coil dropping out or failing ICM) or it could be in the fuel delivery (fuel pump failure, plugged or restricted filter, or fuel pressure regulator)

If you haven't already done it, do a search for idle issues, like "bad idle" or "poor idle", etc...

You will find lots of ideas and fixes that may apply to you.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Re: Putting and Stalling

thanks, ill check it out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X