o2 senser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 senser

ok i have a small problem about a month ago my ses light came on and i had it checked out at an auto zome and they told me that it was an o2 senser bank 1. now how big of a problem is this? as i am going to iraq in 8 days i don't have the time but my wife has to drive the car wile i am gone. so how serious is this?

Re: o2 senser

if the senosor itself is bad then it is less than an hour worth of work and 40 dollars to replace both sensors if you get the boschs, that is if the O2 sensor itself is bad, hope that helps :)

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

If the sensor is bad the car won't run as well and could waste a lot of gas. It won't leave her stranded on the side of the road, but it is worth replacing the sensor.

Comment

could potentially make your car run very rich or very lean with misfires and such
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
          if the senosor itself is bad then it is less than an hour worth of work and 40 dollars to replace both sensors if you get the boschs, that is if the O2 sensor itself is bad, hope that helps :)
          how long do the boschs last

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
            could potentially make your car run very rich or very lean with misfires and such
            how long about would it take before it would start doing that?

Comment

if the sensor is bad... then probably immediately and will probably continue to get worse
              I dont believe that 2 bosch sensors are only $40
              Then ya gotta get the Long o2 socket which can be $10
              (dont go to harbour freight on this one, go to oreillys)
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

the O2 sensors from bosch i bought for 19.99 a piece i know cause i bought them a month ago i would recommend AC Delcos if you can afford them, they are around 100 a piece i think not sure and yes you either need a special socket or stubby wrench to install the new ones

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
                89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

dont buy bosch. they are junk. spend the extra money on oem parts and get the ac delcos. bosch o2s are nothing but trouble.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

ya i just went to auto zone today and they want 81 bucks for the oem replacements so hopefully i can get them soon. that light is geting on my nearves. ha ha ha.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X