ghost in the machine!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost in the machine!?

I'm a nweby here!(posting anyways) I've been lurking around here awhile....lol!!

on to my problem!..have any of you ever had your speedometer go backwards after the shift in to fourth gear on an automatic ? I'm running a 95 firebird with a 3.4 L with a 4l60E tranny...I've replaced the speed sensor,and while replacing it I found the wires rubbed almost into where they run up and over the tranny! I've since fixed the wires but still the problem happens!......after the tranny shifts into 4th the torque converter kicks out and in and out and in and won't let the car gain speed and the speedometer goes backward to the point if you were running 70 it will under gas pressure go down to the 45 mph range!!! could it be the new speed sensor is bad also...is there something else I'm missing? the check engine light is not showing any codes....it does have an old code for EGR solenoid failure but not active curently! any help would be appreciated !!! I need to get the bird back on the road!! its my daily to work transportation!! lets hear any ideas you have!! thanks in advance!!.........KC! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

anyone?? surely someone has an idea here?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X