gas milage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas milage?

if i change my plugs and wires which have 92,000 miles on them would that improve my mpg from 20 highway? its messed up, last summer at 80,000 miles i got 30 mpg, now its 20. i just did an oil change, fuel filter change, air filter and pcv. but its still getting crappy gas milage. (tho it seems to have more power and running a lil better wiht that oil change...)
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

it should help
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

your oil shouldnt get that dirty in 3000 miles to make it feel more powerful.

It sounds to me that you havent been changing your oil regulry, and that is mostlikely the problem.

Comment

i think it was the fuel filter that was the culprit for teh more power, not the oil. although granted this WAS the longest i've let oil sit in there (5,000 highway miles)

i sure hope its plugs cuz past that i'm clueless as to y this dman thing is acting the way it is
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

If your plugs and wires have 92k on them then it would help alot. not sure if that was a type-o or not in your first post. Also when is the last time you changed your oxygen sensors, those help gas mileage a bit. There should be 3 if im not mistaken one on each manifold and one at your cat converter. Check anything else that would go with your ignitions sys like coils distributer etc...

Comment

oh those o2's... theres been a wiring fault there since i bought the car. if i'm at high rpms fer longer than a few seconds (ie merging on the highway/passing) it'll blow a code at me for all 3 o2's... prob is i replaced one of them at 80$ and it didnt change anything so i've just been ignoring them thus far. should i be more concerned about them than i am?

Comment

Im not sure how important all 3 are cuz i know a few people will bypass the one near the converter when they take the cat out itself but yea i would change the ones you have left they do help out gas wise. They help your car regulate oxygen/exhaust ratio or somthing to that extent.
              $80 a sensor that is alittle steep. Maybe cuz your car is still a fairly new car. Mine only cost like $20 a pop but i have a 94. Also whens the last time you changed or flushed your tranny fluid. Think of the car as a human body the harder it is for you to breath or move the quiker you run out of energy thus the more you have to eat to sustain it. Kind of dull but the only thing i can think of to compare to. good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X