How did this happen?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did this happen?!?!

Ok, now I don't know if its just a coincedence or what but it has got me baffled. I just put in a newly rebuilt long block. in my 97 bird 2 1/2 weeks ago (through the top) and all has been fine.

Yesterday evening it rained very, very hard. during a lul in the storm I took the car out on a 4-5 mile trip, about 1-2 miles before i got back home, i was at a light and noticed the alt. gauge read about 13 volts. I got it home and because of the rain I did not check it out any further.

This morning I started the car and after watching for a few minutes deemed all was ok, so I went to get oil & filter for the 300 mile oil change on the new engine.(about 2 miles round trip). After letting the engine cool I drained the oil and to my surprise it was mixed with water! and found straight oil on the crossmember and the exhaust y pipe. Now, I checked the oil just yesterday and it was good. I then checked the radiator and the coolant is ok.

Anyway, there was no metal on the drain plug so I drained it all and changed the oil & filter and prayed that I didn't frigg the bearings. I have idled and driven the car all day today and the oil is clean.

Whats up? the only thing I can think of is that i must have missed an intake bolt and water somehow got into it during the storm. How likely is this? anyone have any ideas?

[ June 18, 2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: bbill1 ]
    <a href=\"http://www.digitalaudiophile.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.digitalaudiophile.com</a>

perhaps you are missing a freeze plug.

Comment

Wouldnt a freeze plug missing just let coolant out from the block? Actually it would let it all out rather swiftly I believe. Anyway It rained again last night so this mornring I checked the oil and coolant again. It looked fine. I ran the car for about 30 min. and then checked the fluids again and all was well. I just don't get what happened.
      <a href=\"http://www.digitalaudiophile.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.digitalaudiophile.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X