Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

I have a 94 Bird v6 3.4 with 126k and got my car into the mechanic last week to have the heads pulled off and checked cuz of my blown head gasket, and checking for cracks in the heads and he called to tell me i dont have any and they are fine. I am goin to be charged $1250 for both gaskets replaced and pressure checked and everything. And then i told him to go ahead and install a new radiator($180)since my other one was fried from the head gasket, a new water pump ($80), and a new thermostat & hoses ($100)I told him to put in a 180* degree instead of the stock 195*, but im not positive if he can. He also said that he reccomended a valve job because he said something about how my valves looked and said that would be another $200, and i was hearing about 02 sensors really helping gas milage out and since I have only been getting about 180-200 Miles per tank that i might as well get those done to see if it would help my MPG out and those are another $70. All these prices are installed also and this comes out to $1,750 im paying after the headgasket and acouple more fixes.

Do u think these things that im getting installed are gunna be a waste of money or is it a good thing that im getting them. And is my mechanic charging me good?

Im planning on keeping my car for few more years and i want it to run well. I plan on seafoaming the whole thing with a couple cans after i drive it abit once i get it back next week. Comments..

Noah

recently installed items: wires, plugs, CAI, tires, Cat
    Last edited by Kronic Budz; 02-23-2007, 06:10 PM.

Re: Is this normal?

Not ganna hurt :naughty:

Comment

prices are not too bad. nothing stood out to me that he might be ripping u
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thats a good price. Cost me around $2500 for a head gasket fix at the Dealer$hip . Had to have head check and all too. That was on my old 3.4 camaro
        Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Sounds like you have all bases covered. You are not only repairing the problem, but you are also repairing the root cause of the problem. Prices seem normal for all of that work. Sounds like you should be in good shape once it is finished.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X