Catch-Can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch-Can?

Is it of any use on our engines? I know it's more appropriate for a FI car, but I recently helped my friend install one on his 6.0L GTO, he said it kept the oil from getting to the cats when the throttle body gave them air when you let off the throttle, said it improves the longevity of his engine according to his board. I was wondering if the same concept applied to our cars, if this benefits us at all.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Catch-Can?

non of that made any sense. only catch cans I know of are for over flow on radiators.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

And filling gas tanks in NASCAR.

Comment

people do this to replace the PCV system on the intakes. Gets the oily residue and Oil out of the intakes and keeps them clean instead of recirculating it. I have seen it done with like 2 fbody cars total (usd2sing->"Dan") is the main one that comes to mind and he did a write up on it before.

Most FI guys just block the PCV port and then put a valve cover breather on their cars and call it good.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

LOTS of LS1 guys do it. search over on ls1tech.com for all the info your'll ever need.

97rs4life is right about why they do it though.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't explain that as well as I could have, I figured since supposedly so many LS1 guys do it, you'd already know what I was talking about. I assume if no one does it on our cars, it probably doesn't do any good, so I'll probably just pass this one up.

Thanks.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              Sorry, I didn't explain that as well as I could have, I figured since supposedly so many LS1 guys do it, you'd already know what I was talking about. I assume if no one does it on our cars, it probably doesn't do any good, so I'll probably just pass this one up.

Thanks.
              did you read my post at all?? There are a few doing it
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                did you read my post at all?? There are a few doing it
                Yeah, well by "no one" i meant, very few people. I figure if not many are doing it, there probably isn't much to gain from it (i don't mean power).. If it is worth it, I'll go ahead with it, but I figure more people would be doing it if it was worth it.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X