• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~300 to spend

i already am buying a 00 PCM so
    FTRA or
    HPP3

cant get headers and i cant get al ds
    98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

I wouls personally buy the hpp3 if you spent the time and money for a 00 pcm ya know kinda the advantage point!

Comment

whats the difference in the pcms?
      i havent heard of people going out to buy pcms before. but then, i already have a 00 pcm.
      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Fast Toys Ram Air. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

well i bought a Y87 pcm, thats why...so technically i dont "need" the HPP3, but i wouldn mind the features- basically, which will i feet SOTP better? i wouldnt mind the HPP3's extra features, but at the same time its 330, whereas the FTRA is 160
          98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tri-Flo 99:
            FTRA is 160<hr></blockquote>

buy it used like I did $100. Plus it made a nice difference in topend pull and more throttle response

Comment

I just installed the FTRA on my Formula. I love it, can really feel it pull in the upper rpm's. I havent hit the track just yet, but have heard of a .1-.2 drop w/ the FTRA.

I have also heard some bad experiences w/ the HPP3. Not my cup of tea, but if you did some re-search and found it usefull, get it.

My vote for the FTRA! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Check out LS1tech.com I have seen FTRA go for as little as $80shipped...they ALWAYS have one for sale somewhere.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: 96 T-Top Bird ]</p>
              <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/danny83/car_pix\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/danny83/root</a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96</a> [/URL]<br />00 NMB Formula M6<br />323.4HP, 336.5TQ<br />Lid, Filter, Cutout, all else stock :)<p>\"Let the modding begin!\"

Comment

thats too broad of a choice of purchases. like buying an apple or 20 piece value meal. i am still wondering why you bought a y87 pcm
                if money is a factor then fast toys is the best choice, but the hpp3 has its advantages also. though, i havent heard of anybody having probs with the hpp3, i have heard of people not wanting to spend $300, but thats about it.

and will somebody please tell me why someone would purchase a pcm?
                6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

if hes going to a 2000 it would be so he could use the HPP3, and if hes upgrading to a y87 pcm it could be because he changed gears...or maybe hes doing both all in one shot...
                  \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

ok to solve all confusion, i needed to fix my gear problem. i wanted either a y87 pcm or a 00+ so i could put a hypertech. i found a 00 that happened to be a y87 so thats just random chance

Comment

cool, where did you get this pcm, and how much you paid for it, i need a '00 Y87 pcm because of the gears too...
                      2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed<br />288 rwhp SAE 315 rwtq SAE<br />BFG DR\'s, SLP Loudmouth Catback, K&N CAI<br />60\': 2.145<br />13.41@105.67MPH (Stock)<br />--- Best et ----<br />60: 1.932<br />1/4:12.851@106.39MPH <br />best mph: 107.65

Comment

i got it from ?Silver00 or something like that in teh f/s section of the board for 85 shipped

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X