crank position sensor install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: crank position sensor install?

why is it your changing this sensor? Just curious..

Comment

im changing mine as well however mine is located behind the harmonic balancer and i need to remove the harmonic balancer(puller) and pulley(by hand).....if this your case just make sure you mark the balancer so you know for sure where you took it off.

Comment

You shouldn't need to mark anything. There is only one way it can go back on. There is a notch that has to line up perfectly.

Also, I replaced mine over the summer since it was busted off and just sitting behind the balancer rattling against it. It hasn't been running the same since it first started rattling and still after I replaced the sensor. I didn't know a relearn was necessary, would this cause my spark plugs to be white, a hesitation during acceleration, and also for my car to almost die on startup while warm before it surges up to 2500 rpms?

Comment

your right i forgot about the key way....
          how do you guys make your car relearn is it something you can do or need a special tool...but exactly what is done to get the car reading right?

Comment

Originally posted by bah
            yep, thats why i just use si
            excuse my noob-ness but what is si?
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST
              your right i forgot about the key way....
              how do you guys make your car relearn is it something you can do or need a special tool...but exactly what is done to get the car reading right?
              the dealership has to do it on the 3.4l due to the obdI computer but on the OBDII i thnk you can use hptuners the dealship charges 90 bucks here

not doing this will throw off your timing

Comment

you can get away with just unhookin the battery and starting it and lettin it idle to get the relearn or at least my gm tech. teacher said that tonite in class. most places won;t flash a car that old
                95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                  excuse my noob-ness but what is si?
                  GM service information, the same thing the dealerships use to repair, its basically the same thing as hundreds of the 3 book paper manuals (every gm car from 98 up and some older)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X