Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Alright well it has been a while since i've been on here but a lot of crap has been going wrong with my car. It's a 95 3.4L 113,900 miles and i'll just start from way back when everything started happening. First off i got a antifreeze leak and thought it could be anything but mainly a cracked block ran some stop leak stuff and fixed it. It has warmed up and it has just been running like crap. It idled way too high and especially when you slowed down it was idling around 1300 rpm's and i would hit the gas and it would kick and then it would be fine until i stopped again. Then it started getting really hard to start it would take me forever like 10 tries to start it and then it just kept getting worse. Also when you would shift into neutral it would rev way up around 3000 rpm's and i had no idea what the problem was. It also felt like it was missing from a bad plug but i changed out the plugs and wires not too long ago. I went to get it inspected and they said I have an exhaust leak well before i could go get it looked at i was trying to start it and was pushing the pedal down because it wasnt doing anything not even trying to turn over and then the next thing you know it started smoking and I popped the hood and back behind the alternator it was on fire and it was a pretty big one and i put it out but now i need to know what im going to have to do to fix it. There are a couple things that i have no idea what they are and i have some pictures and hopefully someone knows. Im just out of transportation until i can get it running again.

Im wondering what the thing is right behind the alternator in the first picture and then the thing circled in the second one im thinking it could be the manifold absolute pressure sensor but i really need anyones help im desperate.

Re: Need Help

I don't see the pictures?
    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

sorry about that try going here

http://www.geocities.com/zioneffect564/DSC01330.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/zioneffect564/DSC01340.jpg

Comment

the circled thing is your EGR

Comment

yes.. second pic appears to be your map sensor.. dunno how that coulda lit up though unless somethign in your wiring harness shorted out.. you are gonna have fun fixing all the charred wiring on that thing.. good luck..
          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

thanks that helps a lot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X