What kind of oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of oil?

What kind of oil are you guys running. I have been using Mobil 1 10W30. I know that the V8's that come with Mobil 1 use 5W30. Would it serve any purpose to change to the 5W30? Any help would be appreciated

Brandon
    1999 M5 Pewter Camaro<br />Flowmaster 80 w/Loudmouth Tips<br />K&N/Free Ram Air/Removed silencer<br />Autometer Vaccuum Gauge

Stick w/ 10W30. 5W30 is really only necessary if you live where it's really cold often, and being in Waco that's not the case. I put Mobil 1 10W30 in my LS1 :D
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

i use royal purple 5w-30 synthetic im my 99 3.8 and it helps it run alot smootherduring all kinds of driving...since it is thinner than petroleum, you might need a little bit more than 5 quarts, i needed 5.5 to fill the crankcase..but its all aroynd good stuff...and it lats longer than petroleum :D
      dave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X