big problem..and getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problem..and getting worse

a three weeks ago I notice that my car kind of jerked when I was crus'n about 60. it sort of felt like it was trying to drop a gear (camaro, 2002 a4 by the way). I didn't know what it was, plus no codes when I got home. But more recently It will just randomly start to jerk, kind of like when you don't get a manual enough gas... but it is not when the car is shifting, yesterday was by far the worse, but for some reason, under super light (too slow accleration for city driver), or extreamly hard accerleraltion, it wont do it? my local chevy dealer is booked untill, next week and at this rate I am affraid i wont have a car that long.

Re: big problem..and getting worse

maybe a misfire...burned wire/plug

Comment

I put new bosh plat +4 about 10,000 ago, which I know is still plenty of time for somthing to go wrong, and I will check tommarow, but wouldn't that be more of a constant problem?

Comment

check your wires, make sure they are not burnt or arching
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

plat 4+ isnt the best
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Double check your plugs and wires. My car started doing that to the point it was undriveable. Mine did throw a random misfire code though.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

just a shot in the dark... but TCC? (torque convertor control, tells the convertor when to lockup and when to unlock) sounds like that could cause actions like that. SES light coming on?
              foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
              if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

I know that plat +4 is not the best, but they were free... so for the price they were the best. I just got off of work so I can't check untill somtime mabey tomarrow afternoon, but I will check all of the spark plugs and put new wires on. I don't have any ses lights, or check engine lights going off, but When I got off of work a bit ago it was idling like it was a cammed 350, sound cool though :tup:... but in this case I don't think that is good

Comment

not a likly cause but could be you fuel filter my 300 did the same thing i changed it and it was gone

Comment

I just recently had the fuel filter changed about 15,000 ago along with all the major fluids. I just got off of work about 20 min ago and It is dark so I can't see to play with the spark plugs... but I am going to the local auto parts store to get new wires and plugs anyways. mabey they will help, if all the plugs look good when I pull them out I will just return the others. Any other ideas are still welcome, and thanks for the advice so far.

Comment

CamaroJeff thanks, I just got home from advanced, a friend of mine is the assistant manager, and When I described the symptoms of my car the Tcc was the first thing out of his mouth. He said his truck was doing the same thing untill he replaced the sylinoid, the part is 30 bucks, but I think I am going to take it too chevy. It sounds like more work then I really want or can do to my car.... I don't have a lift.

Comment

i had a 97 bonneville sse that would do the same thing when it was warm outside it would buck snort and nearly kick you out of the car. problem tcc was bad. fixed under warranty.

Comment

what is a tcc?

what is a tcc?

Comment

Re: what is a tcc?

Originally posted by alexhoughton
                            what is a tcc?
                            torque convertor control, tells the convertor when to lockup and when to unlock

Comment

Re: what is a tcc?

damn, that was just a shot in the dark... as far as checking spark plug wires, night time is great. just start it up in the dark, if the wires are arcing you will probably see it.
                              foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                              if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X