!!Veredict I swear, there should be a special section for seafoam. EKKK! *UPDATE* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!Veredict I swear, there should be a special section for seafoam. EKKK! *UPDATE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has the icm been taken in &checked for free?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

^^
      ICM?

i can't find it in here : http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=1;t=016294

Comment

ignition control module, you coil paks sit on it. it controls the coils pak firing (w/the crank cam sensor inputs)
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
          ignition control module, you coil paks sit on it. it controls the coils pak firing (w/the crank cam sensor inputs)
          !!!!VERDICT: ICM & fuel filter. ICM was shorting out a cam sensor, so I had a bad cam sensor and bad ICM. And the fuel filter was just kinda dirty.

So I think this was an act of ______(insert supreme being here) and a just a stroke of bad luck that happened on the EXACT same startup as seafoaming.

PS: thanks for taking this thread to 3 pages, I don't see that often in general tech [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

great news, glad to hear it. hopefully its all over now.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

damn, that is one hell of a coicidence that it all happened at the same time man... sure did sound like a cat though... but hey, glad im wrong if you got your problem straightened out... hopefully your probs are over..
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Yep, seems to be over, I took a 50 mile ride right after the shop just to make sure.

So in the end, while I can't blame the seafoam, I can't rule out the possibilty that it did SOMETHING, however minute it was to contribute to the failure.

PS: I hate cam sensors, everytime I have been stranded in a car, its been cause of a stupid cam sensor.

Comment

thats messed up dude, what bad luck. glad to see you got it all taken care of and props to 3.4slowtogo for callin out the ICM.
                  2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X