Gas Tank Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You V6 guys complaining about gas mileage... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RamAir95TA:
      You V6 guys complaining about gas mileage... [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

that's because we're supposed to get 20 city / 30 highway but I usually get 18-19mpg city and 24 highway. Then again I'm gunning it a lot.

Comment

12 city...17 highway. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

12 city...17 highway. [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

ok but I'm a V6. I should be getting better gas mileage than this! :D

BTW, do you have a high gear ratio? I know some LS1s that get fuel economy "close" to mine.

Comment

Don't worry, I'm just busting your balls. I'd KILL for something in the 20s. :D

And yes, I have 3.73s. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<hr></blockquote>

I think we all would.

My car sees WOT about once every two minutes when I'm driving it so I've come to accept it. :D

Comment

"My car sees WOT about once every two minutes when I'm driving it so I've come to accept it."
                [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
                  that's because we're supposed to get 20 city / 30 highway but I usually get 18-19mpg city and 24 highway. Then again I'm gunning it a lot.
                  <hr></blockquote>

You're actually getting the advertised gas mileage city: its 19 for the 3.8, and gunning it a lot you'll get just a little less. I average out to about 18.XX mpg most of the time. Your highway mileage seems awful low though.
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:

You're actually getting the advertised gas mileage city: its 19 for the 3.8, and gunning it a lot you'll get just a little less. I average out to about 18.XX mpg most of the time. Your highway mileage seems awful low though.
                    <hr></blockquote>

because I don't cruise at 75/80. If I see an open stretch with a hill up ahead and no cops I love the adrenaline rush of hitting it to 110, coast up the hill back down to 75, and then continue cruising. I can't help but hit the gas. :D

Comment

Yep... I usually hit about 200 miles at the half tank mark. Then it drops like a stone, and I get 100-150 more miles outa that last half a tank. Finishing up at about 350 miles when the needle is floating around E. Though I'm sure there is still gas in there, I just haven't taken the time to figure out how much

From what I figured my gas milelage is about 23-25 MPG. I'm ok with that [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

<hr></blockquote>

I'd KILL to have 8 cylinders!!, lol

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: SlimJim1284 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X