HELP fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP fuel pump?

ok so when i get really low on gas my I get a whine sound from the gas tank. So it must be my fuel pump. Does that mean it is bad or what. It also spounders real bad from a start. Could it be my injectors. or what. If it is my fuel pump could i replace and how expensive is it.
    TopDeadCenter Motorsports.

It is really a bad idea to let a car w/ an electric fuel pump to get under a quarter of a tank of gas. That is the easiest way to ruin a fuel pump. The sound you hear is always made by the fuel pump. You can not hear it unless you get really low on gas. Before you decide to change your fuel pump you should check your fuel pressure. If its within specs, don't worry about it and keep some gas in your tank. If not, them change it. Also monitoring your fuel pressure while driving will give you an indication if your 'spoundering' problem is fuel related.
    Jim

Comment

And out of curiosity, why did you remove your MAF? How did you compensate the missing info in your computer? That just sounds like a really bad idea since the computer has no way to measure the amount of air for a proper air/fuel ratio.
      Jim

Comment

It should say MAF SCreen sorry
        TopDeadCenter Motorsports.

Comment

A loud fuel pump is a sign that it's about to take a crap on you. Running less than a 1/4 tank of gas (acutally less than 1/8 tank, because of the gauge) creates fuel starvation and a dry-sump situation. Dirt, grime, or whatever else in the bottom of your tank may be sucked up into the pump, and destroy it.
          Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X