Water Pump seized up, now knocking sound - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Pump seized up, now knocking sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump seized up, now knocking sound

Sorry but I don't have much time to search the board. But Friday night I replaced the water pump after it seized up on me on the way home Thursday night. I thought I heard a pop as I was driving as the temp started to rise, not 100% sure about that though. Anyways, I replaced the pump and drove it Saturday and Sunday with no problems, I went to get new tires and an oil change Sunday afternoon and they told me I had a small coolant leak on the left side of the motor. I didn't have time to check it out Sunday and drove the car to work Monday with no problems. This morning I start the car and there's a loud knocking sound. I was already running late for work so wasn't able to verify there was oil in the car. Oil pressure was fine but didn't check the stick.

What are some things I can check tonight when I get home besides making sure there is oil in there?

Thanks!
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Re: Water Pump seized up, now knocking sound

Originally posted by 97camRS
    making sure there is oil in there?
    I don't care how late I am running for work, my transportation to and from comes first. You may have done more damage by not checking the oil level before you left. Anyhow, check the oil first, then check the coolant.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Water Pump seized up, now knocking sound

Originally posted by hockeyman
      I don't care how late I am running for work, my transportation to and from comes first. You may have done more damage by not checking the oil level before you left. Anyhow, check the oil first, then check the coolant.

That's nice and all, but I didn't drive the car to work. I had my wife drop me off. I just meant I haven't had time to check all the obvious things yet, once I check those I was looking for other suggestions on things to check if the obvious stuff turned out fine. I guess it could be a possible exhaust leak someone has told me, but I'm not sure. I'll have to go home and check it out some more.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X