temp going wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp going wild

ok so i sat in about 30 minutes of traffic today and then stopped at advanced to get some cleaning supplies to clean the car this weekend.

came back out to the car and radiator fluid was in a little trickle on the ground, i got it home and filled it...still can't figure out where it was coming from.

on the way home i noticed the temperature gauge was going from 190 - about 220 every couple of seconds, like it would go to 190 stay there for like 5 seconds then switch to 220...it did this the whole way home.

is my car trying to tell me the thermostat is dead and i need to replace it? i have no idea what's going on and really can't afford to have this motor take a crap on me when i've got my build coming this summer...

anyone got any ideas?
    1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Re: temp going wild

swap the thermo

Comment

i'd get a new thermo... my temp was jumping back and forth quickly and it was due to a low amount of coolant... filled it up and it fixed the problem. But doesn't sound like thats your problem
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yea i'm going to do that tomorrow, i got it in the garage and took off the intake tube and started taking the old one out...

a buddy of mine said it might be the water pump...i bet that's hard as shyt to replace...
        1995 Firebird 3.4 V6 M5<br />-Firehawk 17x9 w/275/40/ZR17, flowmaster 80s, high-flow cat<br />*new* BMR lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, WS.6 sway bars, polyurethane bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird31
          yea i'm going to do that tomorrow, i got it in the garage and took off the intake tube and started taking the old one out...

a buddy of mine said it might be the water pump...i bet that's hard as shyt to replace...
          I had that same problem and it was the water pump. and yes it is hard as shyt to replace.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X