Can someone answer my quick question? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone answer my quick question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone answer my quick question?

This thread can be deleted after it is answered correctly.

I have used 1 can of seafoam in my gas tank and wanted to put in another half can into my oil, but no untill after i had done the brake booster vacum line. So i did that today but when i finished and shut the car off i noticed that i hadnt used much of the can. Like 1/4 of it instead of 1/3 mabey. And did the following steps and it smoked sum, but not alot. Can i redue the process with alittle more seafoam or will that hurt my car.

Noah

Re: Can someone answer my quick question?

i would not think it would hurt your car any... you should be fine.. but i dont really see a point in doing it again....

Comment

i'm sure the little you put in did the trick. You could do it again but if you didn't get much smoke then its probably good to go.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

you deinfetly can do it again, I personally used the whole can when i did mine, but its up to the user.

Comment

You can use as much Seafoam as you want, it won't hurt anything. However, if you didn't have alot of smoke, then it is probably pretty clean already. Also, if it didn't suck much in through the brake booster vac. line, maybe you didn't run it long enough, or you may have a vac. line leak.

Comment

ok well i just did it again this morning in autoshop and it smoked again and feel like i got the rest of the carbon out and when i would start to rev it to 1500 rpms a bit it would smoke alot more so its all good. I also put a half can of seafoam in with my oil and have been driving it easy and tommorow again in auto i will do an oil change. Today in the cuts of my autoshop found some Deep Creep and sprayed that into the throttle body with the blades down. So i will drive it and see how it runs. It seems good so far.

noah

Comment

speakin of carbon... any of you guys with no cats notice how bad the buildup is on the exhaust... are you replacing the booster vaccum cause the brakes seem a little stiff? I was thinkin that was my problem but was gonna wait until me brakes actually needed replacing as well

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X