This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick performance Q.

hey all. i am new to register, but not new to this site. Ive been checking it out for a while. Anyways, im sure u guys get this all the time but I just wanted some advice. I was going to spend about 1.5-1.7 grand this summer into making my 2000 camaro v6 (auto) a "little" faster. I was hoping i could get about 300-280 engine horsepower because im trying to make a v6 maro that will stand up to those stock z-28's without going nitrous. do you guys think i could get there with a list of the following mods i plan to do (below). and if you have any suggestions i would appriciate them. (I know horsepower gains vary due to driving style and other things. I'm just looking at a rough/average estimate)

planned mods:

-magnaflow catback (3")
    -magnaflow 3" inlet and 3" outlet high flow cat
    -pacesetter headers
    -throttle body spacer
    -k&n FIPK<-fabricating a plastic box to surround the fipk so that only cold air from the ram air gets to the filter
    -SSRA kit (super sucker ram air)
    -hypertech power programmer? or stage 2 chip from jet performance ?
    -hypertech 160 degree thermostat.

P.S. if you all know of other ways to gain horsepower that are not above 400 bucks, and arent too hard to install please feel free to let me know. Im not too rich lol. i bought my own car for 8k 7 months ago. and im 18. still paying it off.
    -thanks-

Re: quick performance Q.

Hello blubbachub,

the question you are asking has been already answered in another thread.
    Please use the Searchfunction to get your answer faster. Also no those mods are not going to get you that power, heads/cam/intakes would be needed at least along with gears/lsd

best wishes,
    97rs4life
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X