cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling

I was wondering how I can get my car to run cooler.I got the hypertech programmer,set it to 160,got the 170 thermostat and it still runs at about the same temp.Does anyone know any tricks to make it run cooler?

Re: cooling

what is the same temp to you?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It runs at about 200-205.I would like it to run at about 170

Comment

Originally posted by fatcat
        It runs at about 200-205.I would like it to run at about 170
        your runnin pretty hot there bro... you've checked coolant and thermo right? You should be around 180 or so
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
          your runnin pretty hot there bro... you've checked coolant and thermo right? You should be around 180 or so
          mine runs around 235.. i added coolant too >.>

Comment

stock runs around 210 so he isn't running hot at all. With hptuners I changed my fan settings and I usually see 178* coolant temp now.

Comment

Originally posted by woswill
              mine runs around 235.. i added coolant too >.>
              Get a new thermo please... thats hot right there.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                stock runs around 210 so he isn't running hot at all
                really? Mine stock runs at 180 and rarely get to 210... maybe in the summer in traffic

Comment

right if you are highway cruising it is going to be lower, but around town and stuff stock will get to 210 before fans kick on

You can also make a manual fan switch or buy a manual fan switch to turn the fans on sooner and keep it cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                    right if you are highway cruising it is going to be lower, but around town and stuff stock will get to 210 before fans kick on
                    Yeah... thats what I am saying on the interstate i run 150 or 160 but in traffic i rarely get to 210... its mostly around 190 or so. I've seen it hit 210 like 3 times and my fluid was low. I filled it back up and never have seen it hit halfway since

Comment

I wonder y mine runs so cool? Sorry to hijack your thread... but a manual switch would help ya and its not complicated at all.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                        Get a new thermo please... thats hot right there.
                        im fairly new to cars, is that something i can install myself?

Comment

Originally posted by woswill
                          im fairly new to cars, is that something i can install myself?
                          yes, search it and you will see its fairly simple and a new thermo is pretty cheap

Comment

thermo swap is a 10 minute job. just make sure to bleed the air out after you are done. Or you will panic when you see your temp rise way high, lol

Comment

how to ''bleed the air out''

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X