Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just dies

Hello,

I have read a lot of the threads on here and the one below on this page so I have to ask the same question as my car just dies. I have replaced a lot of stuff on it and don't know what to do. The muffler actually blew out awhile back and it has been about 5 months since it has done this but now 3 or 4 times in the last 3 days.

Someone below said to check the throttle body and I will do that but what am I looking for when I have someone feel if there is any air coming out of the exhaust? Not a mechanical type and tha this why I have over $1500 into this problem over the last year.

Has anyone ever had this problem and found out that it was the security system?

Like I said , it just stopps and will start again right away or could be a half hour, tonight it hasn't started yet and it has been 5 hours.

It is a 1999 firebird.

Thank You

Re: Just dies

when it dies, rent a fuel pressure gauge from autozone and check your fuel pressure. Your fuel pump could be dying. I had my pump going out on me and it would run fine, park it, start it back up and it would instantly stall out. wait 30 minutes and then it would fire right back up again. fuel pump was warning me that it was on its last legs

As for security system, does your light come on?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: Just dies

The red ligh was flashing today but can't say I noticed it before. They checked the fuel pressure etc. when I took it in before to have it worked on, have had the problem for about 18 months now.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X