Fuel Pump Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Problems

Ok I need a little help. So for the past week or so my car has been taking more than 1 try to start it. At first I thought it was the starter but it was still turning over. Well I took it to a shop for a diagnostics and thats when they told me that my fuel pump was going. They told me that it would cost damn near 900 bucks to fix. Damn that. They told me that the OEM fuel pump was around 500 some odd bucks to buy and labor cost and all that good stuff. Anyway to get to my point I was on ftpp.net and I found a couple fuel pumps on there for alot less than what they said the stock one was going to cost me. Now I was wondering what should I do?? Should I try and find another stock replacement unit or should I get the aftermarket one?? I tried a search and didn't find what I needed so I figured I would just go ahead and ask. Sorry for it being soo long and all input is greatly appreciated!

Re: Fuel Pump Problems

Originally posted by BlackBird005
    I tried a search and didn't find what I needed so I figured I would just go ahead and ask.
    lol, yea you sure did. no offense, just have a real hard time believing that line. did you search the electronics or something because the whole fuel pump replacement thing has been covered in almost all the sections.

go to zzperformance.com, grand prix section, get the universal walbro fuel pump kit not the 3800 specific version as that is the grand prix one. $125 and you are good to go. Flows better than stock and is $375 cheaper.

oh yea, see you are in MI as well, if you are near Grand Rapids you can drive down and pick them up right at zzperformance's actual store
    Last edited by 97rs4life; 03-12-2007, 11:40 AM.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X