The mystery gear failure??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mystery gear failure??!!

Ok well i have tried fixing my gearing grinding in my headlight (pass side) for a while now. And i originally bought a new gear off ebay and installed that correctly with lube and it failed to help it any more. It still slipped. I waited on it for a while and attempted more times and trying different ways of tightening it and one time it actually did work fine acouple of times then started to fail. Had tried another and thought i got it. Tried the lights up and down around 10 times and worked smooth and perfectly. Next thing i no later in the day it started griding when the lights would go down.

What is the problem? Would u recomend i get a new housing itself or keep on trying to get this one to work?

thanks

noah

Re: The mystery gear failure??!!

any ideas would help me out alot...

Comment

did you ever buy the metal gear?

Kronic Budz: no
      BLLDOGG: search

:D
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Kronic Budz
        any ideas would help me out alot...
        well i have no idea about the fix, all i can say is my headlight gear is grinding too, so i feel for a brother.... Try havin a lady in the car and then explaining to her what that god awful noise is when you turn the car off :)

anyhow, this site has a few reviews on how to change the headlight gear, perhaps it will shed some light on how to keep it from breaking again? good luck

Comment

You using nylon or metal gears? Have you tried turning them 180 degrees?

Comment

no, i didnt purchase anything yet before i no exactly whats wrong with it, since im kinda in a bind for money, as usual.

Comment

If you haven't tried this go here and it will show you how to turn the gears 180 degrees without pulling the gear completely out.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl....htm#FreeGuide

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X