radiator flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator flush

so this weekend i want to flush my radiator because im pretty sure the owner before me never did one and i want everything flushed out.

i read the engine about the dex cool stuff but it tells me to refer to the user book but i dont have one, so what should i do? i know how to drain it, but when i fill it back up, do i just fill it up with dex cool until it over flows? because on the bottle it says not to add water.

Re: radiator flush

Originally posted by Scott90
    so this weekend i want to flush my radiator because im pretty sure the owner before me never did one and i want everything flushed out.

i read the engine about the dex cool stuff but it tells me to refer to the user book but i dont have one, so what should i do? i know how to drain it, but when i fill it back up, do i just fill it up with dex cool until it over flows? because on the bottle it says not to add water.

What year? If you are 96+ you need to use a 50/50 mix of Dex-Cool and distilled water. It is best to buy it pre-mixed.

Where does it say to not add water?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

its a 97.
      and it says it right on the bottle.
      "do not add water"

Comment

ohhh im sorry, i just went outside and checked, the one we have already is pre-mixed... haha thats why it says dont add water. ok, well with that what do i do? just fill it to its fill to the top of the rad. cap?

Comment

then you bleed it via the bleeder screw
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

how good does that even clean out ur radiator if u just put new coolant in and then run it and drain again and refill?

Comment

i flush mine. never had a problem. just added new fluid when i stopped seeing orange $hit. now she is nice and yellow-green!
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

yeah im going to make sure mine is fully flushed. its very rusty lookin now. once it all comes out im gonna stick my hose threw it and let it run right out the bottom for a few minutes to clear it up even more, then add the dex cool. probly this weekend this will get done, and maybe sea foam, if not, next weekend for sure.

Comment

I use that Prestone flush kit which ties into a heater hose and lets you hook up a garden hose and pump water in there. Never had any leaks or other problems from it.
                  Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                  Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

just out of curiosity where are you gonna put all of that antifreeze and dirty water i want to flush mine but dont know what to do with it????

Comment

im gonna drain it into one of those containers i use to catch oil when i change my oil, then pour it into like a empty milk gallon and bring it to my school and probly dumb it in the used anti freeze tank... (if im not too lazy)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X