Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System Questions

Not sure which forum this belongs in...

I've got some questions about the stock fuel system in our cars (I'm in a 98 maro). I'm looking at getting a power adder here in the new future and from what I gather on this board, fuel supply is a problem.

I'm not sure what the stock pump is good for, but I know its limiting the guys on N20 dry kits and that shows a deficiency to me (especially with a power adder such as a blower or N2O). I know some of you guys/gals have replaced the stock in-tank pump with a walbro, but doesn't that affect your PCM and its settings any? (maybe with the use of an FMU or or MAFT+ you were able to overcome this?) How about stock settings with bigger injectors?

Also, how did you know what would & would not fit in our tanks? Would any pump that fits in an LS-1 or LT-1 work? or is the Walbro the only known option known at the moment?

Thanks for the assistance, if somebody can lead me in the right direction, I'll probably have more questions later!

Thanks ;)
    Not a problem, just a challenge...

The stock fuel pump isnt an intank its an inline. The walbro is a great choice
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Here's what I've gotten so far after a search..

Bigger Injectors (more that 5%) = a confused PCM
      Bigger Pump = no problems

Why does the bigger pump not affect the PCM? Is it because of the regulator or because the PCM is taking all its fuel measurements @ the injectors?
      what would happen if I got a bigger regulator?

Thanks! ;)
      Not a problem, just a challenge...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X