orfus tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orfus tube

ok, well first things first, i know i spelt it wrong...

some of you know i just bought a compressor and all that stuff, and i was gonna get it done this week while at my tech. school, well im only there about 2-3 hours a day

heres my dillemma... my shop teacher said its most likly going to take more than a day to do it, well i cant afford to not have my car since i work just about everday. so i was thinking about sat. after work i would do it myself with a friend or two in my garage.

now i know i gotta remove the stock compressor and replace all rings and such which already came with the new one, so i know i gotta find the old rings and replace them, wherever there are rings... and also i bought a accumulator, which looks pretty self explanatory to replace... and i bought a orphus tube, or however you spell it, thats where im stuck, where does that go? im clueless as to that? and also, is there anything else specific i need to make sure i do? i need to get this done saturday since i have work early sunday morning. thanks in advance!

Re: orfus tube

I'm not too sure where the orifice (sp) tube goes, but I know my uncle and I changed mine, my accumulator, and compressor all in about 1 1/2 hrs. It's fairly easy and straight forward, and since you're doing it in your school's shop, you'll most likely have the proper tools.
    Last edited by RadRacer; 03-20-2007, 03:01 PM.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

sorry guys but wtf is an orfus tube ..thanx

Comment

Orifice Tube:

A metering device located just ahead of the evaporator on the high-pressure side of an A/C system that restricts the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator. A small hole (the orifice) allows only a certain amount of refrigerant to pass through the device. This creates a pressure drop that allows the refrigerant to evaporate inside the evaporator.
        Last edited by RadRacer; 03-20-2007, 03:01 PM.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
          Orifice Tube:

A metering device located just ahead of the evaporator on the high-pressure side of an A/C system that restricts the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator. A small hole (the orifice) allows only a certain amount of refrigerant to pass through the device. This creates a pressure drop that allows the refrigerant to evaporate inside the evaporator.
          thank you doctor

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
            thank you doctor
            NP

Hooray for post whoring!
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

ya thats what i thought... about the time to do it, it didnt seem that hard. i just got inside from being under my car for about a hour or so, lookin over it, and it looks somewhat easy actually? im gonna have my shop teacher look at it again tomorrow and maybe hell realize we have time to get it done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X