maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maintenance

ok, so there are a few things that i NEED to do pretty soon, i want to get the car tuned but first i need to..
    -Tune up (plugs and wires)
    -Flush the coolant
    -Service the transmission
    -Service rear end
    -and i would like to put on a tranny oil cooler

..does anyone have recommendations on parts, fluids, etc..?

fuel filter... thats all I can think of right now for a tune up.

Comment

Think you are missing a couple things on the tune-up. How many miles does your car have on it?
      1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Air Filter, Seafoam it, Run some Techron thru the tank..

Comment

you dont need a tranny cooler, it a total waste of money unless you pulling a large trailer all the time, plus its just something else to leak. Just change the tranny filter and refill with fresh fuild and youll be good to go.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

i have 112k on it, but iv done all the little things its needed so far along the way. what else do you think is missing? i just cleaned and charged the cones on my CAI..

the tranny cooler was recommended to me because my tranny gets pretty hot when theres a lot of stress on it (ie. mountain driving, traffic, etc.) so i thought that it might be a good idea to help keep the temp. down. don't think its worth it?

what is the seafoam all about, iv heard mixed ideas about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
              you dont need a tranny cooler, it a total waste of money unless you pulling a large trailer all the time, plus its just something else to leak. Just change the tranny filter and refill with fresh fuild and youll be good to go.
              are you serious. there is nothing wrong with putting atranny cooler on. its called extending the life of your tranny and fluid.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by schenk85:
                i have 112k on it, but iv done all the little things its needed so far along the way. what else do you think is missing? i just cleaned and charged the cones on my CAI..

the tranny cooler was recommended to me because my tranny gets pretty hot when theres a lot of stress on it (ie. mountain driving, traffic, etc.) so i thought that it might be a good idea to help keep the temp. down. don't think its worth it?

what is the seafoam all about, iv heard mixed ideas about it.
                do a search on seafoam and maintenance. there is a lot of good info for both of them you can find out a lot quicker than waiting for someone who knows what they are talking about and cares to answer by reading yourself.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Well yall can do what ever yall want, but im telling you a transmission cooler in not needed. The radiator provides planty of cooling. I recommed just changing the filter and refilling with fresh fulid.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X