Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v8 ratiator fit a v6

i was wondering will a 02 v8 ratiator fit on my 00 v6 camaro? thanks
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Re: v8 ratiator fit a v6

it wil fit... but wont work... the v8 im pretty sure are reverse flow and ours arent....Hope that helps
    Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

Comment

yea they are reverse flow.....thats why u cant keep ur sixer one when u do a v8 swap

Comment

what do u mean by reverse flow? it look like a the hoses are the same thing it should all hook up togther i just dont get?
        2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

standard radiator flows hot water into the top, cooled water returns to the engine through the bottom.
          This one is designed for the opposite. Now why that makes a difference in the radiator, I have no idea perhaps someone else can answer that question.
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

I put a SLP LS1 higher-capacity radiator in mine with no problems. You might have to bend the tabs where it bolts in a little, but it should work.
            2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

so getting a stock v8 one will work 2? i dont know all about this revers flow and stuff like i said all the hook ups are the same

Comment

i believe that the lt1 and ls1 have different flows (think lt1 is reverse)
                it does matter if its reverse because of the way the water pump intakes and outputs the coolant
                2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

I've been meaning to reply. The LS1 is conventional flow, while the LT1 is reverse flow.

Conventional flow means coolant starts in the bottom of the engine block and flows upwards to and through the heads. Reverse flow starts at the top of the heads and flows down through the block. It was thought that reverse flow cooling could enable more power generation (cooler heads = less knock), but it was a pain to bleed the heads of ait bubbles, which created knock by creating hot spots.

Neither has anything to do with the direction of flow in the radiator - they generally always pick up coolant from the bottom and return it to the top. Think about it - if there was a leak and the coolant was a couple inches low, a top feed radiator would be sucking air.
                  Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                  Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

so its ok then to get a ls1 ratiator for my car then

Comment

radiators are design for engine size as well. if they are designed different, might be too much for u
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

like how to much do mean? i want my car to run cool they dont make any after market ratiator for are cars so i figered the ls1 one would be good cuse are is a single row and the ls1 is a 3 row so that means better cooling

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X