Hatch leaking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch leaking...

Today i open the hatch and there is water at least 1/4th an inch deep in the bottom under the flap. Im not sure if theres a leak in the window or seal or what so tomorrow im gonna take the water hose to it and see where it leaks.

assuming its a leak in the seal, how much would it cost to replace the entire thing?

Re: Hatch leaking...

if it was the seal you would just have to replace the weather striping. check out ebay shouldn't be that much. and only takes a few mins to replace. also take out the carpet back there and just make sure that all rubber plugs are in place. but i dont' see how that would be the case cause the water would just drain right out. still pull up the carpet and check everything out.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

If the hatch is leaking, you don't have to replace the weatherstripping for it yet. Well, if you want to you can. But, all you have to do it get some 3M weather striping glue and the rip off the hatch striping, clean off the old glue and then reglue the striping down. Don't get stingy either.

I would check under the rear seats for water. If so, you need to tear our your carpet and dry it out.
      99 WS6
      13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
      tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Im pretty sure its just in that bottom area, today i noticed part of the panel was laying on top of the stripping so i fixed that. Im not sure if thats why it leaked or not, guess ill have to wait till it rains again..

Comment

yea my brother's 99 bird leaks water into the bottom of the ttop storage area as well and we are stumped as there are no wet areas around the seals or anything
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

A new rear hatch seal/weatherstripping costed me $53 bux from GMpartsdirect.com. The first time I found water in the trunk it was from this. The 2nd time it was because I didnt reuse the little foam seals on the taillight mounting studs when I changed to the later model taillights. I guess whenever I washed the car or it rained, water would wick down the mounting studs and into the car. Ya know, it wouldnt hurt to lower the hatch striker assembly just a tad. At least thats a freebie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X