Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk lock removal

Hello,

I am trying to remove the rear trunk lock, (cylinder). since i'm having problems removing the key when i open it. however, after removing the center rear peice (between the tail lights) there are no screws to remove the lock cylinder, it looks like rivet, I am unable to find a procedure to remove it, not even with OnDemand software,
    anyone know how ?
    1986 Firebird - Sold<br />1987 Trans am - sold<br />1994 Firebird - Current.

Re: Trunk lock removal

if it is a rivet, you would need to drill the rivet out and insert a new rivet or a bolt when installing it again.

you use the key to get the hatch open? I never have, I just push the yellow button under the dash, lol
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yeah , i have the yellow button , but there is no wiring behind that yellow button :( somewhere between the trunnk and the button the wiring stops.

Comment

did all camaros come with the electric release? Mine doesnt have one, just curious, because if I do, ill get it put on my remote.

Comment

I dunno if all came with the button under the dash, mine is a 97 and it has it.

Sucks to hear the wiring was cut razz, maybe you could make that your next project, get the wiring all connected again.

Comment

Yeah, summer is comming, i got all the tools needed for it, should be easy enough, but that darn lock cylinder, I dont want to have to bring it to garage just for that,
            on the inside of the car, i can see 2 round metal (looks like metal) thing that seem to be holding the peice in place, again no idea how to remove those.

Comment

have a pic? also what year fbody, camaro or firebird?

Comment

1994 firebird

i'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg
                  did all camaros come with the electric release? Mine doesnt have one, just curious, because if I do, ill get it put on my remote.
                  Not to hijack the thread, but I have 2 factory trunk actuators for sale over in this thread http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=78195 I'm askin $15 each +shipping. Might help ya out if yours is dead or something.
                  ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

This will probalby solve your problem..(it fixes like 90% of sticking lock cylinders)

just spray WD40 into the lock cylinder(push the litthe flap open) and run your key in and out.

and not all f-bodies came with a rear hatch popper. My 94 didn't have one or power locks. Its wierd actually using a key on a car nowadays I am so used to Remote keyless entry.
                    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-27-2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

My 95 has the little yellow button that opens the rear hatch but it's located on the inside of the glove box.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                        This will probalby solve your problem..(it fixes like 90% of sticking lock cylinders)
                        just spray WD40 into the lock cylinder(push the litthe flap open) and run your key in and out.
                        I second that. WD-40 has worked for me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT

and not all f-bodies came with a rear hatch popper. My 94 didn't have one or power locks. Its wierd actually using a key on a car nowadays I am so used to Remote keyless entry.

booo they edited out my prom queen reference!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X