3.4 tuneup, what is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 tuneup, what is needed

ok well i have a 1994 firebird auto. And was wondering what things i should be looking into to be replaced or service when my car has 127,000 on it. Here are are things i have replaced in the past 10k miles.

Items: spark plugs, wires, tires (alligned), 02 sensors, transmission 100% flush, Seafoamed completely, K&N CAI, recent blown head gasket and paid to have heads fixed, valve job, radiator, water pump, 180* thermostat, radiator hoses, timing belt, back wheel cylinders with pads, soon to get front brake pads.

And a new optima battery and alternator were also replaced recent to when the car was bought around a year ago.

My car still idles alittle inconsistant and doesnt run as smooth as i think it could. Do u think something mabey like a new fuel filter and coil packs could help it out or is a blown headgasket something that will robb my car forever?

Noah
    Last edited by Kronic Budz; 03-27-2007, 01:13 AM.

Re: What else is needed

just replace things as they go. why waste money on something that might not go for anohter few years.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

you think since i have had a blown head gasket that means my car might not last as long? your making me sad.

Comment

if you fix it, you're fine but if you let the coolant and the oil mix and run it like that then yes, it wont last as long.

def change the fuel filter, they're cheap and easy.

and do you mean the accessory belt or timing belt? i always assumed the 3.4's had a chain for timing. either way, if its a belt, change it at the regular service interval and never later. if it breaks, the engine is screwed. you'll need a full rebuild.

Didn't see PCV... as long as ur doing brakes, run some new fluid thru too. if u got ABS u'll have to rent a tool to run the motors to get the fluid thru and also to bleed the system.
        As long as ur in there, definately make a good inspection of ALL your hoses and wire harnesses. look for cracking or squishy hoses as well as rub spots. i dont know how bad our cars are for having stuff rub on itself but never hurts to look.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Kronic Budz
          you think since i have had a blown head gasket that means my car might not last as long? your making me sad.
          I think she meant that you should replace parts unless they go bad. Meaning that some of the parts might not go bad for a few more years, and you'd be replacing it for nothing.
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

or they might not have gone bad at all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X