CUT fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUT fuel line

So, was driving on the road Saterday night round 10:30 doing about 50mph geting ready to get up on the express way. I was following a civic (a lil too closely) when all of a sudden I catch a glimpse of a piece of metal fly out from under the car. Then BAM i hit it and think "Man....Now I need to pull over and check." Bout that time i smelled fuel. So I thought "Great, just screwed up my car....!!!!" and hit the steering wheel. Well the horn didn't like that so it stayed on. Then my engine sputtered and died. SO my horn is blaring as I go under the Highway and I'm really ticked so I punched it... and to my surprise and joy it stops blaring. I get out to look and sure enough, i see fuel streaming out from under my car. So i ended up getting it towed to the house and my dad and I fixed it. The fuel lines are just cheap plastic...So we put on some heaveir fuel line with nice clamps. What i tought might have been a costly repair was only bout 2.50 for the clamps.

Here's the gash in the line. Pics are kinda blurry, but you can clearly see the gash caused by the metal object....

Oh ya, car's been running good since we fixed it on Sunday.

Re: CUT fuel line

Double post in the wrong forum.....

That sux, but glad to hear that you got it fixed and runnin again. :)
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Yea sorry bou thte double post, I clicked on it to delete it but itsays "Invalid link." But why's it in the wrong forum? Where should it be?

Comment

I'd say the Lounge since you arent asking a quesion or giving any advice.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

you really need to fix that line the right way with a repair kit . rubber hoses are not designed to take that kind of pressure .

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVYINSIDE
            you really need to fix that line the right way with a repair kit . rubber hoses are not designed to take that kind of pressure .
            As long as he buys hose for a fuel injected car he will be just fine. 2000-2002 cars have rubber fuel lines under the hood. ;)

I also have rubber rubber fuel lines where my fuel pressure gauge taps in and I've never had a problem because I bought fuel injection, high pressure hose.

You did buy a high pressure hose right didnt you?
            Last edited by Shodown; 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
              I'd say the Lounge since you arent asking a quesion or giving any advice.
              Thanks, I'll remember that for next time.

But now I do have a question. I didn't use just a a rubber hose that was laying around, its was a fuel hose. But ya'll are saying that it needs to be a high pressure fuel hose. Even though it's comeing from the tank, and not up by the engine? Ya, i'm not zactly sure weather it was high pressure fuel line hose or not. I haven't had any leaks with it...yet...lol. I'll def check on it though and buy a high pressure one if it's not.

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

i know not everyone goes by what gm says but they dont even repair fuel lines they just replace . i think it has something to do with liablity . doorman makes a barbed repair kit for this type of thing . you can get it at like napa . the rubber hoses that your talking about all have barbed ends to hold the line tight . if you just put a hose on it without a barb it could slip off .

Comment

I would make sure you replace it with a high pressure fuel line. They sell them by the foot at most auto supply places. Funny story, when I worked at Discount Auto Parts, now Advance Auto, I had someone come in with a similar situation. I told them they needed the high pressure they insisted they didn't. An hour later they came back pissed as hell because the line they bought busted and they wanted to beat my *** about it. So yeah I would recommend the high pressure when you can get it.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X