Starter plate teeth location? please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starter plate teeth location? please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter plate teeth location? please help

Hey guys, i'm putting in a new crankshaft pulley on my 93. 3.4 automatic.... I know I have to put a screwdriver in the starter plate teeth to keep the pulley from spinning while I take the bolts out, but i have no idea where the teeth actually are... is it behind the converter shield? and if so where the heck is that located? Where is it located in regards to underneath the car..... any idea how to get it off?... thanx

Re: Starter plate teeth location? please help

It is located on the back of the engine right in front of the transmission. The cover can be removed by taking out the bolts on each side. You might be able to do it without removing the cover, but you will need to get under there to check on that. I am not 100% sure.

Comment

Where is it located in regards to the tranny pan?.. (the car is jacked up a bit, i'm currently doing a tranny fluid and filter replacement)

Comment

It is forward of the tranny pan, just to the rear of the oil pan.

Comment

you have to take your starter off and stick the screwdriver through that hole if i am not mistaken

Comment

Heres a pic on this site. It shows
            http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/v6headscam.htm
            its down right now.
            Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X