cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan

I did the manual fan switch,on the low setting both fans come on half assed,and on the high setting one fan comes on really high.I wired it up just as the instuctions except I got the switch at ace hardware instead of radio shack.did I do something wrong?

Re: cooling fan

ok I just did the radio shack one and got the same thing

Comment

High is both fans low is one fan.

Comment

are both fans supposed to come on high because mine come on very softly and don't really do much,where as the low setting the fan comes on nice and strong.Am I missing something?

Comment

odd, i did that manual fan switch thing also and low is half a**ed on both fans, while high is... well high on both fans. i would check the wires at the plugs of the fans. thats the first thing that popped into mind. just be patient, im sure you'll figure it out.

Comment

ok so I tried everything to get both fans to turn on high with the switch.So I went ahead and bridged the high and low wires together and it seems to work.Now I just need to see if the fans will work with the switch off...Wish me luck!

Comment

ok I got a trouble code from doing that,so I separated the wires again and still have the same problem.Does anyone knows what's going on?

Comment

Sometimes saving money is not worth it, especially when it concerns something electrical. This is what I'm installing, and I'm an engineer.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=63011

You better REALLY know what you are doing when dealing with a wiring harness.
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

do u hav a really good ground because i installed an amp once with bad ground and thought it was junk but it turned out to be bad ground.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X