Royal Purple or Red Line....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Purple or Red Line....??

What fluids are you guys running...?? I was thinking of switching to Royal Purple. There is a guy a shop near by where I live that has a '69 Camaro with big block 502, totally custom. 1200HP N/A and 1900-2000 on spray. He ran a 4.88 @ 147mph in the 1/8 with a 2 stage 400 shot each of spray, and he uses Royal Purple everywhere.

I figured if that setup could take it surely could not hurt my N/A V6.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    just adding \'um \'till I trap 12.393...

Do a search on Royal Purple. If I'm not mistaken a few months back or so, a big discussion was made on this. If I remember correct, royal purple is a product that you do not want to use. But again, I would do a search on this because I'm not 100% sure. As for redline, I have used their water wetter. I've had no problems after using it, so I give it a [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] . Also, I've heard a lot of good comments from people that use redline products.

I did a search on it, here is one of the discussions and I think it's the one I was thinking about. http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=006866
    Go about halfway down the discussion and you will see test results down with the use of Royal Purple. In short, the stuff is junk and I would not use it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Guardiannknight ]</p>
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

thx for the link...

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      just adding \'um \'till I trap 12.393...

Comment

I've used Royal Purple for a while now. It's fine. Not sure who said it was bad.

Comment

Royal Purple all the way.

It gave me a half-second in my bike (92 cbr 600). It sounds unbelievable but the time slips showed it.

With Royal Purple 11.54-11.60s'

Had an oil change done and RP was not available,

New times....12.10-12.20s'

This bike had royal purple in for nearly 20,000 that I know of, I sold it, it was used for road racing before I got it, and as a street bike/drag bike after I got it. It was bored out and had a lot of trick motor work done to it, seem like it would red line around 11,500.

If there is a reason not to use I have never heard of it.

I think it was Hot Rod magazine did a test and showed around a 10hp gain with it.
          I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

I use Lucas oil treatment in my car. I put in the regular (non-synthetic) oil and substitute around a quart with the Lucas treatment. It does its job i guess. I did notice an increase in the oil pressure at idle for sure. Also noticed little bit faster starts, but i dunno if thats the reason or not. And its endorsed by Harley Davidson too.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X