Really need help with this ticking problem! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really need help with this ticking problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help with this ticking problem!

I had my friend change my intake manifold gaskets, and my valve cover gaskets.

Since he changed them the car has had a ticking problem, and it also missed pretty bad.

Well my friend said he took off the valve cover and messed with a few things, and added some oil stabilizer crap.

He also said he ran the car with the valve cover off, and the tick did not sound any louder!?

I wish I was there when he took off the valve cover, but I had to work.

So, the ticking is still there, but the miss is gone! The car runs strong.

The tick is loud at idle, and as I slowly rev the engine in park, the ticking sound quits at around 2600 rpm’s, and sounds like something loose, but not a fast tick.

Like in the higher rpm’s (above 2600) it still ticks, but does not keep up with the rpm’s, and if I go higher it eventually quits ticking.

Then as I bring the rpm’s back down, it starts ticking again.

BTW, the ticking is coming from the drivers side, at the very front of the valve cover.

What do you think the ticking is?

Also, here’s a link to my old thread:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...hlight=ticking

BTW, it’s my 2000 V6 Camaro.
    Last edited by L36Camaro; 04-03-2007, 11:36 PM.
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Re: Really need help with this ticking problem!

I have the EXACT same thing going on in my 97 Camaro after doing my intake manifold gasket. I think I have determined that I have an exhaust leak from where the EGR valves lower pipe goes into the exhaust there in the front of the engine on the drivers side. I know for fact that years ago I stripped the 1 bolt that holds that pipe onto the exhaust and my Dads friend replaced it with a slightly larger bolt. (probably the totally wrong way to fix). I would check that, but unfortunatly I have not found a way to fix mine yet, so if anyone else has suggestions fire away.

Comment

Re: Really need help with this ticking problem!

probably an exhaust leak somewhere...check the EGR and flanges first

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X