Fuel pump going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump going out?

At random times at idle I can hear my fuel pump, and I mean loud! Car seems to be running fine. But I don't want to find out the hard way when it is'nt. The very first time I heard it, the SRS came on, and stayed on. Pulled the battery cable and SRS stayed off for sometime, now it randomly comes on. I will goto Autozone today and check the codes. But do you guys think the Fuel Pump maybe going out?

2000 Bird, 3.8 141,xxx
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Re: Fuel pump going out?

when my pump was on its way it, the car wouldn't start when it was warmed up, then let it sit 30 minutes and it would start again.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

The pump in my 99' has been noisy like that (but not random...all the time!)since the day I got it. That was 2 yrs and 34,000 miles ago. Car now has 114,000 miles total on it. No fuel related problems at all.
      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

mine has been randomly loud since, 32k, and 4 years ago... when I got the car...

have 76k now. If you are worried check the fuel pressure.

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys! It sounds like I shouldnt worry.

Went to Autozone, and got these codes.

P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Open Position Performance
          and P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Closed Position Performance
          Thier scanner said other wierd things, not exactly this, but thats the codes and a copy and paste from a sticky...

Does this mean I need to shell out $130+ and get a new EGR? Or could low fuel pressure cause it to act funny? BTW: "THE BOAT" I don't know how to check the pressure. Also the car does seem to be missing, but not like a dead plug. I can barely feel it, its almost feels like hitting little imperfections on the highway.

Feels like Im writing a book and only my second post, go me!:tup:
          sigpic

Comment

sounds like your egr is shot or needs a good cleaning. If it is dirty or bad it will cause your car to feel like there is a slight miss because it is not opening and closing properly

My friend had a blazer that had a bad egr, thing would shake pretty good at idle and such. Replaced EGR and it was all good again
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

If it is dirty or bad it will cause your car to feel like there is a slight miss because it is not opening and closing properly
              Sounds like this is it then. Does't do it at idle just barely at highway speeds, and at random. Never knew they could be cleaned. Since mine doesn't have very bad hesitation, do you think it could be fixed by a cleaning? Also are thier any forums on here about how to do that, or could you throw me any tips? Thanks ~Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Any tips on cleaning the EGR?
                Last edited by nimrod.sixty9; 11-27-2014, 10:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X