obd II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obd II

was looking into some things for my wifes truck and it seems it has an obd II computer also. what got me was my wifes truck is a FORD F150.
    so if i was to get an autotap, would it work for my wifes truck also?
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

OBD was an automobile standard for (if i remember correctly off the top of my head...) 96 and above vehicles. If it was openly available in the U.S., then it should work on that vehicle.

I know my OBDII auto x-ray works on everything 96 or newer (i get clear mad SES lights for people).

So yes, if the truck is 96 or newer, auto tap should work.
    Not a problem, just a challenge...

Comment

You need to make sure that the autotap you get has both GM and Ford protocols. It is more expensive too.

The US mandates the minimum OBDII requirements, but different manufactures use different protocols.

"GM cars and light trucks use SAE J1850 VPW (Variable Pulse Width Modulation). Chrysler products and all European and most Asian imports use ISO 9141 circuitry. Fords use SAE J1850 PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) communication patterns. KWP2000, like ISO9141 is found on some 2002 and newer VW, Audi, BMW, Daewoo Leganzas and Nubiras. It’s also found on all 1999 and newer Hyundais, and 2001 and newer Kia Optimas."

DEE
      1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X