Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALT Belt

WTF could be causing this...
    Okay my belt does not "squeak" it almost has a "hissing" sound to it and I bought some belt dressing on it and it stops it for about 3 seconds. The belt does not have even 200 miles on it, I just replaced it so that's not the problem. Squeaking I have heard of, but hissing almost, I have the slightest clue...

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Christian ]</p>
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Happens to me too when I go like 60Mph....

Comment

Happens to me when I go like 0 mph [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

i just had a belt problem with mine.. if it's from autozone, take it back. the belt i had on there made everything squeek.. sounded like metal on metal, replaced it with a good quality belt and it shut everything up. listen to your alternator, its common for our alternators to start squeeking a little.. check your barrings etc. the greese just makes it slip for about 3 seconds making it quiet. does the noise get louder after it comes back frmo the 3 seconds of silence? if so... check the quality of the belt.
        1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

Are you sure it's the belt? Could be one of the accessories (alternator, power steering pump, etc.)?
          Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by genz11:
            check your barrings etc. the greese just makes it slip for about 3 seconds making it quiet. does the noise get louder after it comes back frmo the 3 seconds of silence? if so... check the quality of the belt.<hr></blockquote>

No not really, it's basically constant. The belt is brand new, I mean not even 2 weeks old, I was wondering if a new one would maybe do that??? But I put new dressing on them and and is onlu pausesthe sound then it comes right back

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RamAir95TA:
              Are you sure it's the belt? Could be one of the accessories (alternator, power steering pump, etc.)?<hr></blockquote>

Yea for the most part because when I sprayed the dressing on it (the belt) it went away... It may be one a pully, but somehting on, with or dealing with my belt.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X