Favorite file for CarCode OBD-2 software - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite file for CarCode OBD-2 software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite file for CarCode OBD-2 software

Should be getting my CarCode OBD-2 software tomorrow or Friday and would like to get up and running as quick as possible. Can I talk anybody into sending me their .fav file so I can start right off the bat with a good log file? That is if I'm right that that file would have the settings for what you wanted to log.

Thanks,
    Ron
    I know - Camaro 67-02.. 2000 Camaro V6/A4 Black T-Tops<br />1969 Camaro 350/PG 12.69 @ 102.5 1966 Chevy II Wagon 283/PG Destined for NHRA stock eliminator.

How much did you pay for that software? Or is it 'backup' copy??

What kind of cabel do you need to hookup to your computer to read your OBD??

I have a 3.4L V6 firebird and I need to create a cable so I can look at what the software has to say with my laptop

Comment

Ahhh...the ol' backup copy..or as I like to call it "Off site archival storage". Actually I PURCHASED this copy. [img]smile.gif[/img] The hardware/software for a GM interface with converter box is $122 (20% student discount if you qualify). You can also get a double or triple combo ($142/162 that does 2 or 3 types GM/Ford/Chrysler) There's actually a "converter" box that goes in between the OBD plug and your laptop. The software won't work without that interface, so you really can't just buy a cable to make it work. I've seen another converter kit for $89/w/cable and free software, but the software doesn't do near what the CarCode software does. From all the ones I could find, it seems like CarCode had the best price/performance deal as far as logging, etc. I haven't used it yet so I don't know how it compares to Autotap, but it seems to have most if not all the features for the 3.8 logging that A-tap has for less than half the price. Maybe somebody with experience can speak on that... I talked to Alex about a GP and I think we could get something worked out if people were interested.

Ron
      I know - Camaro 67-02.. 2000 Camaro V6/A4 Black T-Tops<br />1969 Camaro 350/PG 12.69 @ 102.5 1966 Chevy II Wagon 283/PG Destined for NHRA stock eliminator.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X