what should i do next with mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do next with mods

ok i have 99 firebird and the only mod i have is the magna flow catback and im about to buy and lsd with 3.42 and isnttall kit for 250 so thats good but i was think whats next. I really just want to get a trans am but cant afford it lol dont we all but i was thinking maybe
    Supension droped and new shocks and maybe some rear supsension stuff to stop wheel hop anyone know whats the best
    Fix the hail damage lol i have about 8 spots on the hood and 8 in the drivers quater panel but no one has given me a quote yet for how much
    Nitrous ihave an all stock motor and rather than buy a cam i would rather get maybe a nice little 75 shot of mitrous nothing major i knwo a guy selling a complete kit for 300$ so it is cheaper than a cam
    well thats all i can think of for right now that i can afford if any one knows any other ones to do besides any internal stuff i want to stay away from that crap i also thought maybe a fan switch its cheap and cool well thanks alout later

[ June 25, 2004, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: therock ]
    1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

correct me if i'm wrong guys, but if all you have is a cat-back, you have some work to do before considering nitrous. IMO, the first performance mods that should be done to cars is full intake and exhaust work. CAI, headers, y-pipe, and all the other stuff in there, from the headers all the way to the tips. after you get some good performance mods like that, then i'd worry about some bigger stuff.

and fixing the hail damage would be nice. i have a little ding in my hood the size of a dime that i've yet to get rid of and it just stands out to me every time i look at the car.
    1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

yeah i pllan on getting headers when every pace setter fixs the dumb mistake they made as far as exhaughst i have every thing but headers i mean i have a high flow cat and the rest is magna flow including the 3 inch oval tips i dont think i can doing anything to the y-pipe so exhaugsht is almost done but i read somewhere on here that guys said thata re engine could handle nos with stock motors not liek a 150 shot but easily a 75 ill try to find the post

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=3;t=001484
        thats where i got the ideal from all he said was i would need bigger injectors just wondering is this is true

Comment

also i dont consider this a mod but does any one know how hard it is to isntall a new window motor

Comment

Originally posted by therock:
            also i dont consider this a mod but does any one know how hard it is to isntall a new window motor
            use the search. helped me a lot. i need to replace mine and that helped a lot but i still had a couple questions and nobody really answered me. just search in general tech and electrical for "window motor" and you'll get quite a few good threads.
            1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

i tihnk im going to go with an autozone one

Comment

Originally posted by j_downey50:
                correct me if i'm wrong guys, but if all you have is a cat-back, you have some work to do before considering nitrous. IMO, the first performance mods that should be done to cars is full intake and exhaust work. CAI, headers, y-pipe, and all the other stuff in there, from the headers all the way to the tips. after you get some good performance mods like that, then i'd worry about some bigger stuff.

and fixing the hail damage would be nice. i have a little ding in my hood the size of a dime that i've yet to get rid of and it just stands out to me every time i look at the car.
                Man dont you ****ing hate that ****. I got my car back from the shop and the ****ing lip of my hood was bent. I went up there and *****ed at them and there like "We dunno, so prove it and sue us" mother****erz... I went home and banged the dent out with a rubber mallet but they ****ed the paint up too so I gotta get this scratch outta my paint :( I also ****ed up the bottom left of my car which is like $1200 scraped it inside a ****ing parking garage at work, insurance will cover that **** though but still $500 deductable, I'll have them fix the hood while theyre at it outta my own pocket, so thats like $750 I could be spending on a nice catback :(
                \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

haha my post ****ing rox, described my mood about that perfectly, but atleast I'll have a clean nice car again and ready to start modding :D
                  \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

lol yeah that sucks. i'm gonna buy the "ding king" or some cheap thing to try and get it out at home so i don't ahve to take it to a shop. nobody even notices the little ding in the hood, but i see it every time i look at the car. :mad:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X