Quick, need parts list for T-top Conversion - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick, need parts list for T-top Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, need parts list for T-top Conversion

Hey guys, I finally found a guy who is parting out his camaro and wants to sell me the parts to convert my camaro to t-top's. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] He asked for a list of required parts and a offer for it all. Can you guys help? I know I need the following except for the t-tops themselves:
    1. center brace
    2. all four t-top mount brackets
    3. weather stripping
    4. both a-pillars
    5. headliner

Anything else :rolleyes: and what would be a fair asking price for all of it to offer to the guy??? Thanks for the help!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.redlineenterprises.com/mtmike/ttops.php

"The parts of the kit and where to get them:
    · Speed Automotive: both tops, all necessary weather stripping, all mounting hardware, center 'rail', plastic A-pillar trim, plastic rear bracket caps, and the storage racks. $400 + shipping
    · Local GM Dealership: Headliner, T-top Windshield Trim. Speed Automotive will not ship the headliner, and does not include the windshield trim in the conversion kit. Scott says it's not necessary, but if T-top cars come from the factory with it, I'm going to put it on my car. $112 for headliner. And about $30 the trim. "

thats just one of the sites i'm using. i'm actually getting some ttops today from a junkyard also. its gonna be $500 for everything including headliner, but i've heard people getting them for $300 w/o headliner. good luck!

Comment

just thinking out loud, but wouldn't it be less problematic and perhaps less expensive to just get a t-top equiped car in the first place, or sell your car and buy one with t-tops?

I'm looking at about $500 in parts, plus the installation cost, which unless you do it yourself is not going to be cheap, plus paint, and if it's installed improperly it will look like garbage and/or leak.

again, just thinking out loud here.......
      Jason<br /><br />\'99 Pewter Camaro<br />\'93 V8 S-10

Comment

Thanks for the link firebird49. Good luck with your mod.

Comment

ive often thought about getting a trunk lid off a wrecked camaro and removing the glass and replacing it with something i can remove at will like the tops, have a semi convertable. perhaps making some form of quick release system for the hinges so i can swap out the lids on sunny days in the high desert here

Comment

There are some people who have targa topped their camaro's. I personal do not like the look. Do a search, you'll find them, you may like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedJD:
              just thinking out loud, but wouldn't it be less problematic and perhaps less expensive to just get a t-top equiped car in the first place, or sell your car and buy one with t-tops?

I'm looking at about $500 in parts, plus the installation cost, which unless you do it yourself is not going to be cheap, plus paint, and if it's installed improperly it will look like garbage and/or leak.

again, just thinking out loud here.......
              im changing mine and im not going to just go get another car cause...
              #1 i've done too much to my car and i dont want to replace everything just so i can put everything on the new car.
              #2 i have a personal fondness for my exact car
              #3 i couldnt get back how much i owe on the car plus the difference in payments. it would cost ALOT more to get another car than just changing it yourself. plus, dont **** up and it will look sweet [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] read this, it will help with your t-top conversion. read what domestic violence wrote and look at his pics

the best write up i've ever read and seen
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yep, exzactly how I feel. I don't wanna start all over with another camaro just for t-tops. I've done some research, the worst I've seen was a T/A that this guy did: Left t-top fit perfect, Right just a tad loose. I could live with that!!! Okay, so I need to add the two plastic caps for the rear brackets to my list.

The guy who has this camaro to part out wants $200.00 for all the parts to do the job--THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE T-TOPS!!!! What do you think guys: Deal or too high??

Comment

good deal
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

cool

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X