Car Keeps Missing ANY HELP?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Keeps Missing ANY HELP?!!!

Alright heres the problem, my car has continued to misfire and just completely not fire on one cylinder for a while. When this first happened i took it to a mechanic he replaced a coil in like 5 minutes and it was fine. Then it happened a month ago and they replaced a plugwire that i guess was grounding out. Now its doing it again and its killing me i have so much power lose because of this. I went ahead and replaced all my plug wires, all of them seemed to be fine none burnt through anywhere. It still isnt firing somewhere.. I suppose this is a common problem ive checked message boards and ppl have this problem but they just keep saying get better wires or spark plugs which isnt my problem. I also wanna know why this is the same and only problem i have with my car, and how to keep it from happening again. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

98 3.8 liter firebird
    KMC chrome 16 rims
    Ttops Y86 performance package
    Flowmaster catback exhaust
    interior neons.. not much real special about it..

i have a similar problem, the SES code told me a cylinder misfire, replaced the spark plugs and wires, that did nothing
    took it to my mechanic, turns out it's the fuel injectors
    i'm gonna have to have them taken out and looked at after the holidays and hopefully we'll be able to solve the problem
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

Hey guys,

Try this thread:

Misfires

Apparently its the excessive heat being generated from the pathetic exhasut manifolds. I've had this problem arise 3 times in 14 months. I'm going to do this to fix it.
      Not a problem, just a challenge...

Comment

Why doesn't everyone have this problem? How can you tell if you have a misfire? I guess it is obvious, but I've never had one. My car only has 9400 miles on it, so could this be a problem for me later?
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Hey camaro rulz, its possible you will have this problem what car(year model etc) do you have, it seems to be pretty common from what i read but most cars of there type have a common flaw ours just seems to be this which isnt so costly but so Fking annoying. And pike yeah i already read all post on this including that one, it didnt help me much cause my wires are fine his was 97 and didnt have heat shields over the wires, mine arent burning out like that, but one thing i was thinking is it possible that those metal heat shields are causing the elecricity to jump and ground out through them? It just seemed like it was way to close to the exhaust manifold to not be jumping, dont know anyone else help i suppose? Thanks for those who replied.

Comment

Oh sorry camaro i didnt see your car type below, ehm ive seen a few camaros have the same problem as the birds, but i wouldnt really worry about it anytime soon. And when your car misses, it means a cylinder isnt firing, it causes you to have serious power lose, or what i consider serious, its still driveable, ive dont it for a week or so, but not really recommended cause it could damage your car. And you can usually hear it missing in the engine or the exhaust, its just like a hesitation kinda hard for me to hear? but most ppl notice it real easily, well i hope that helps, if not reply back [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, thanks, that helped. I hope the Camaros don't have that problem too. Good luck getting it fixed, sounds like you know what the problem is and how to fix it.
              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

the metal heat shield around the boot - I don't know if it is even conductive. The only way it could transfer a spark to ground is if the boot shielding was allready weak. If it's not the plugs and wires, then the next step back would be the coils. those are fairly simple to replace and cost about ~$30 each (if you get the aftermarket Accel coils). You also try what mcG recommended and test the injectors. No fuel also means no bang...
                Not a problem, just a challenge...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X